Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
DESCRIPTION: A more plant-based diet may help prevent vaginal infections, one of the most common gynecological problems of young women.
More on the detrimental effects of saturated fat in videos such as:
• Beauty Is More Than Skin Deep (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/beauty-is-more-than-skin-deep/)
• Breast Cancer Survival, Butterfat, and Chicken (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-survival-butterfat-and-chicken/)
• Dead Meat Bacteria Endotoxemia (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dead-meat-bacteria-endotoxemia/)
• How to Help Prevent Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-help-prevent-abdominal-aortic-aneurysms/)
• Saturated Fat & Cancer Progression (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/saturated-fat-cancer-progression-2/)
• Trans Fat, Saturated Fat, and Cholesterol: Tolerable Upper Intake of Zero (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/trans-fat-saturated-fat-and-cholesterol-tolerable-upper-intake-of-zero/)
The fishy odor is a consequence of a compound of decay called putrescine, which is also found in certain foods. More about these “biogenic amines” in:
• Can Cellulite Be Treated With Diet? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-cellulite-be-treated-with-diet/)
• New Corpse Smell (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/new-corpse-smell/)
• Carcinogenic Putrescine (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/carcinogenic-putrescine/)
Now nasal douching is another matter. See The Risks and Benefits of Neti Pot Nasal Irrigation (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-risks-and-benefits-of-neti-pot-nasal-irrigation/) and my answer about the “brain-eating amoeba” (http://nutritionfacts.org/questions/should-i-sterilize-my-neti-pot/).
More on vaginal health in Treating Genital Warts With Green Tea (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-genital-warts-with-green-tea/) and more on achieving maximum nutrient density in Calculate Your Healthy Eating Score (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/calculate-your-healthy-eating-score/).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/http://nutritionfacts.org/video/bacterial-vaginosis-and-diet/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/