Restaurant Style Tofu Recipe Indian Style – Vegan Tofu Masala Recipe – Soya Paneer Masala
If you do not like tofu then this tofu recipe will change your mind as it is bursting with flavor and extremely delicious. It is usually followed using cottage cheese which is known as paneer in India but it tastes equally delicious with tofu.
🔔Please click on the link below and subscribe to Curries With Bumbi so that I can bring more new recipes for you– https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc5O8GaMvAGjmvENEvvqZrg
Ingredients required for making this Indian style tofu recipe- Serves 6
For marinating the tofu –
* Extra firm or firm tofu – 1 lb /454 gm
* garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour/besan – 1 teaspoon
* Kashmiri red chili powder / red chili powder/ paprika – 1/2 teaspoon
* Turmeric powder – 1/4th teaspoon
* Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
For the gravy –
* Onion – 205 gm/7oz/ 1 large or 2 medium/ 1 & 1/4th of a cup finely chopped
* Ginger – 2 inch by 2 inch / 48 gm/1.7 oz
* Garlic – 32 gm/1 oz/ 10 large cloves
* garbanzo bean(chickpea) flour – 1 tablespoon
* Cinnamon stick – 1 inch stick
* green cardamom (elaichi) – 2
* Dry bay leaf – 1
* Kashmiri Red Chili powder / paprika – 1 teaspoon. You can even use 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder or cayenne pepper instead.
* Curry Powder – 2 heaped teaspoons.
You can adjust the proportions of dry spices according to your preference.
* Canned crushed tomato – 1/2 cup. You can even use fresh tomatoes. Grate it and discard the skin or you can puree it in your blender. You need 1/2 cup of pureed tomato.
Alternatives to tomato – If you have any concerns in using tomatoes you can take a tablespoon of tamarind (imli), soak it in hot water and then squeeze out the pulp and use it. You can even use a teaspoon of tamarind concentrate. You can even puree red bell peppers in your blender. The taste will be bit altered in that case but you will get that red color. Or you can just increase the quantity of onions and sprinkle some lemon juice at the very end of cooking. If you are not on a vegan diet then you can use 2 tablespoons of plain unflavored yogurt in place of tomatoes.
* Coconut Milk (canned)= 10 tablespoons . If you are not on a vegan diet and not a fan of coconut milk, you can use 2 tablespoons of plain unflavored yogurt (curd) or few tablespoons of cooking cream.
* Salt – to taste
* Sugar – 1 teaspoon (optional)
* Oil – 3 tablespoons
* Butter – 1 tablespoon
Serve this tofu masala with hot steamed rice or roti or naan or pita bread.
🎬Related videos –
🎬More Tofu recipes –
🎬Vegetarian Recipes –
🎬Vegan Recipes –
🎼Background Music – Heart Beats By Silent Partner (YouTube audio library)
DISCLAIMER- The information provided on this channel is for general purposes only and should not be considered as professional experience. All opinions/views/suggestions expressed here are based on my personal experience of cooking which I gained for years at my own home kitchen. While making videos, I have taken into consideration all possible and required safety precautions, but still any action you take based upon the information on this channel is strictly at your own discretion and risk, and we are not liable for any harm or damage in connection after watching or trying out the content presented in our videos.
Have a happy and safe cooking experience.