This video is about Country Crock’s NEW Plant Butter!
We loved how easy and tasty they made these recipes!
Check out their new Plant Butters Below:
For the mushrooms:
how to clean:
After shredding/ separating the mushrooms, dry them thoroughly
add 1.5 tsp of Country Crock’s Plant Butter to a pan on low heat with 2-3 cloves of diced garlic
sauté until semi golden then add mushrooms to the pan so they each have enough room to crisp and form a crust on the bottom.
sprinkle a pinch of salt on top
add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of white wine to the pan (just enough to cover the bottom but not enough to boil the mushrooms)
while the alcohol cooks off DO NOT MOVE THE MUSHROOMS until they have a golden brown color
flip mushrooms and add another little pinch of salt
do not move them until evenly cooked on this side
then enjoy! It’s amazing on caesar salad, BLT’s, pasta etc anything that needs a savory kick!
to help you find vegan white wine (I recommend something light and dry and not too sweet!) :
I’ve made this recipe a bunch of times now, testing different types of sugar and flours to see what works best. I know in the video I showed almond flour and coconut sugar but honestly it’s much better with the ingredients listed below. I love both of those ingredients normally, but the lemon and blueberry flavors really shine without it in this particular cake.
Check out our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/groups/201827073687678/
The Vegan View Instagram:
Follow our Co-Hosts:
Get Nicole’s $10 cookbook: https://shopnikkivegan.com
Have a topic, brand, or guest you want to see in an upcoming episode? Let us know in the comments or email us at theveganviewTV@gmail.com.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Make sure you tag @TheVeganView on Instagram if you recreate this at home 🙂
For more of my recipes, follow my other channel Nikki Vegan: https://www.youtube.com/nikkivegan
Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cake
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup Country Crock Plant Based Butter sticks (2)
2 cups of regular sugar
2 tbsp vegan egg replacer (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
4 tbsp water
1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp lemon juice or 1 tsp of lemon extract (which is so delicious by the way!)
the zest of 2 lemons
1.5 cup fresh blueberries
2 tsp flour
1. Take two Country Crock Plant Based Butter sticks out of the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature on the counter.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour and add the baking powder and
baking soda. Whisk to combine and set aside. This is the dry mixture.
4. In a small bowl, add egg replacer and water. Stir well and set aside.
5. In another small bowl, add the almond milk and lemon juice. Stir and set aside. This is the wet mixture.
6. Toss blueberries and flour to coat and set aside too.
7. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar, using an electric mixer, until very light and fluffy.
8. Add thickened egg replacer and mix again.
9. Gradually add the dry mixture in the butter, sugar, and “egg” mixture. Mix with the electric mixer and then add one third of the wet mixture. Mix and scrape down the side of the bowl if needed. Add another third of the dry mixture, mix, and then add the wet mixture. Finish by adding the last third of the dry mixture, mix, and add the remaining wet mixture. Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice or extract, mix one last time.
10. Add the zest of two lemons and the blueberries into the bowl. Fold in using a spatula and set aside. Be careful not to over mix.
11. Using the plant based butter wrappers, grease two 9 in raunchy cake pans. Dust with flour and tap out the excess over the sink.
12. Divide the mixture into the two pans, smooth the top into an even, flat layer. Pick up each pan about an inch off of the counter and drop. Repeat a 3 times to release excess air bubbles.
13. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the edges have pulled away from the pan.
14. Let cool for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and flip over onto a cooling rack.
15. Let cool completely before frosting or serve warm with vegan ice cream and more blueberries on top 🙂