Do you have a pet? If you do, has it ever crossed your mind that it just might be… vegan? Well, if it hasn’t, don’t worry, because it’s not. However, there’s a growing interest among some folks out there in making cats and dogs go on a plant-only-based diet, and it’s just a bit alarming.
You see, humans are omnivores, which means we can eat anything, apart maybe from rocks. Animals aren’t like this, however. They’re mostly divided into herbivores, or plant-eaters, and carnivores, or predators and meat-eaters, and it’s a serious distinction.
🐶 Why dogs certainly can follow a vegan diet 1:17
🐱 What about cats? 2:35
Foods that are an absolute no-no for either dogs or cats:
– Chocolate and coffee 3:32
– Citrus fruit 4:24
– Milk and dairy products 4:52
– Onion, garlic, and chives 5:22
– Nuts 5:47
– Grapes and raisins 6:20
– Coconuts 6:36
– Yeast dough 7:08
#cats #dogs #brightside
– Dogs are natural omnivores, just like us, while cats are predators. Wild dogs feed on anything they find after a successful hunt: first they eat the contents of the stomach of their prey, which is usually herbivore, and then they eat the meat as well.
– Cats are a different story, though. Dr. Jennifer Larsen from the University of California says there has been at least one case in her practice where owners nearly killed their pet cat with a plant-based diet.
– Cocoa and coffee beans contain substances called methylxanthines, which are okay for humans but are dangerous for pets.
– Every part of a citrus plant contains citric acid and essential oils, which can lead to irritation and nervous system damage.
– Most mammals develop lactose intolerance as they age, and neither cats, nor dogs, nor even humans are any exception. Just as you must be careful with the amount of milk you drink per day, so should your pet.
– Apart from upset stomach, eating onion, garlic, chives, and herbs can lead to red blood cell damage, causing some serious health problems.
– Any nuts, be it peanuts, almonds, or walnuts, are high in fats and oils that aren’t properly digested by your pet’s system.
– Since both fresh and dried grapes can cause kidney failure, especially in dogs.
– Coconuts and coconut oil aren’t harmful for your pets if eaten in small amounts. However, coconut water contains a lot of potassium.
– You know better than to feed your pet bread or pastry, but in case you didn’t know, yeast dough can rise and cause excessive gas in the animal’s stomach.
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
Stock materials (photos, footages and other):
For more videos and articles visit: