What to Eat on the Ketogenic Diet for Weight Loss
Are you stuck trying to lose weight? Beware of fad dieting – it doesn’t work for most people.
The fact is that over half of dieters who lose weight will gain it back.
One diet that can work is the keto diet. In a ketogenic diet for weight loss, your meals will consist of proteins and healthy fats, and veggies.
For most dieters, the keto diet is broken down into the following percentages:
• 20 to 25 % protein intake
• 70 to 80% high fat total calories.
• 5 to 10% carb friendly veggies
Here’s what you can eat:
• Meat and fish such as trout, tuna, catfish, salmon, veal, goat, lamb, pork, poultry, and beef.
• Dairy including full-fat yogurt, sour cream, cheese, and heavy cream.
• Low-carb friendly veggies include Brussels sprouts, broccoli, kale, spinach, onions, peppers, and asparagus.
• Fats such as butter, olive oil, and sesame oil.
• Low sugar fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
Here are some of the foods to avoid:
• Low-fat prepackaged diet foods
• Refined grains
• Flour-based baked goods, cookies, and candies
• Pasta and bread
• Low-fat diet products
• Sugary beverages
These foods are not only high in carbs, but they ‘re also empty calories.
Steer clear of the following whole carbs like these:
• Grains such as barley, rye, corn, rice, oats, and wheat.
• Fruits such as citrus, bananas, and apples. A small number of berries is allowed.
• Legumes and beans including lentils, black beans, peas, kidney beans, and chickpeas.
• Starchy veggies including parsnips, carrots, sweet potatoes, and white potatoes.
In summary, eat mostly fats, proteins and healthy vegetables.
To get more information about the ketogenic diet, visit our page at http://leanbodygoal.com/weight-loss-on-keto-diet/