This chai infused chia custard is rich, creamy and sweet. Completely dairy free, the custard is thickened with chia and suitable for vegans. Perfect chilled and poured over a portion of low carb fruits, such as mixed berries or drizzled over some keto granola.
For the best results, the chia requires blending in a powerful blender or vitamix. This will still work in a standard blender however the texture will be ever so slightly grainy.
Recipe source: http://bit.ly/2BXz4KK
We’re Carb Manager. The all-in-one diet app for the Keto and low carb lifestyle, with a built in macro tracker, Keto calculator, food diary, database of 350,000+ Keto recipes, meal planner, shopping list generator, weight tracker, intermittent fasting tracker, and everything else that you need to meet your health and weight loss goals and become the next Keto diet success story!
Subscribe to our YT channel for more premium Keto recipes: http://bit.ly/30re2y8
Download the app (FREE FOREVER):
Sign up on the web: http://www.carbmanager.com
Connect with us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carbmanager/
More premium low carb recipes: https://www.carbmanager.com/recipes
Sign up for Premium: https://www.carbmanager.com/premium
Keto Chai Chia Seed Custard Recipe:
Whole Cardamom Pods
Whole Cinnamon Stick
Raw Ginger Root
1. Add the chia seeds to a blender with 1 cup of almond milk. Blend until completely smooth.
2. Add the remaining milk to a small pan with the ginger, cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon, vanilla and xylitol. Turn the heat to low/medium and bring the milk to a simmer to warm through (do not boil).
3. Add the blended chia mixture to the pan of milk and whisk through to combine, simmering gently until slightly thickened.
4. Remove the milk from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes to allow the spices to infuse.
5. Remove the whole spices from the milk and pour into 2 separate ramekins.
6. Leave to cool then transfer to the fridge to chill before serving.
Serve with a little low carb fruit, over granola or simply enjoy on its own!